Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Medical Records Specialist processes and organizes medical records in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies, as well as state and federal laws. The Medical Record Clerk ensures completeness of the record by auditing charts and completing a medical records checklist. Medical Records Clerk handles the storage and retention of charts, responds to requests for medical record, copies and maintains medical record tracking log. The Medical Records Clerk will function within the Center’s policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Chart Completion
- Operative Reports
- Medical Record Requests
- Retrieving records
- Record Storage and Retention
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- three – five years’ experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Why Join Advanced Surgical Hospital (Surgical Care Affiliates)?
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
For immediate consideration, please apply online NOW!