Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Pre-Analytical, analytical and post-analytical tasks.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills, must be able to communicate with hospital contacts both on the telephone and directly, and effectively communicate with all age groups, populations, and individual within the hospital
- Must possess computer and typing skills and become familiar with the hospital computer system. Collaborates with healthcare team members in a professional manner.
- Meets position competency requirements. Assists Lab Supervisor with nursing competency assessments.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other healthcare workers, etc.
- Assist with telephone duties, greet and assist patients and visitors, retrieve results, coordinate patient care with other departments, supply inventory and ordering, other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, Medical Technologist.
Why Join Advanced Surgical Hospital (Surgical Care Affiliates)?
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
For immediate consideration, please apply online NOW!