Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sterile Processing Clerk (Instrument Processing Technician) is responsible for maintaining instruments and equipment in an optimal fashion and preparing instrumentation, equipment, and sterile supplies for the surgical patient. Key Responsibilities:
- Functions as an Instrument Processing Technician under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing area/department.
- Responsible for crossover duties in other areas such as purchasing supplies and inventory management in proper areas according to facility policy and management guidance.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Understanding of sterilization and high-level disinfection technologies including industry standardized principles and practice in sterilization and disinfection required.
- Prior experience in instrument processing preferred.
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist/procedure technologist preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Certification in instrument processing is preferred.
Why Join Advanced Surgical Hospital (Surgical Care Affiliates)?
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan