Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Surgical Technician at our facility. Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians’ preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
- Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons’ preference cards
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification
Why Join Advanced Surgical Hospital (Surgical Care Affiliates)?
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
For immediate consideration, please apply online NOW!